Want something to blow away those winter blues and warm the soul? Venetia, one of our top instructors, shares with us her recipe for her favourite Lentil Soup. Give it a try!
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 medium yellow or white onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
4 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 large can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
1 cup brown or green lentils, picked over and rinsed
4 cups vegetable broth
2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt, more to taste
Pinch red pepper flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
1 cup chopped kale
1. Cook the onions & carrots in the oil for 5 mins.
2. Add cumin, thyme, curry powder & garlic. Cook for 1 mins.
3. Add tomatoes. Cook for 5 mins.
4. Add lentils, stock & water. Cook for 30 mins.
5. Add kale & cook for an extra 5 mins.
Serve piping hot! SO YUM!
If you want more delicious recipes or workout inspo follow Venetia over on Instagram @fitnesswithneesh