Want something filling but fresh and crammed full of goodness. Look no further. We love a big bowl of this with some feta cheese crumbled over the top. YUM! Give it a try – it’s SO easy, from pan to plate in 30 mins.
- 2 red onions (roughly chopped)
- 4 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 2 aubergines (cut into chunky cubes)
- 3 courgettes (thickly sliced)
- 3 red or yellow peppers (roughly chopped)
- 6 ripe tomatoes (quartered)
- ½ a bunch of fresh basil
- olive oil
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ a lemon
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large casserole pan or saucepan over a medium heat.
- To the pan, add the onion, garlic, basil stalks and thyme leaves with another drizzle of oil, if needed. Cook for 10 minutes, or until softened and golden.
- Add the chopped aubergines, courgettes and peppers and cook for around 5 minutes, or until golden and softened, but not cooked through.
- Stir in the fresh tomatoes, the balsamic and a good pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix well, breaking up the tomatoes with the back of a spoon. Cover the pan and simmer over a low heat for 20/30 minutes, or until reduced, sticky and sweet. Tear in the basil leaves, finely grate in the lemon zest and adjust the seasoning, if needed. Serve with a generous sprinkle of feta cheese.