This week, Alex gives us some quick-fire tips on getting your skin through the winter;
“Good nutrition for your skin during the colder months is so important. Combine that with a good workout and the results can be as great as a facial; good circulation through intensive exercise, feeds the blood capillaries which in turn literally makes you glow.
It is so important to focus on what you eat, here are some top tips on what to stock your fridge with to complement your exercise regime during the winter months:
– Keep the body well hydrated and drink plenty of pure water.
– Keep away from processed foods.
– Citrus fruits can strengthen the body and keep the skin healthy – they are filled with vitamin C which is a great anti-oxidant for the body and especially your skin.
– Lemon is rich in vitamin C. Drinking a cup of warm water with fresh lemon added helps to detox the body and balance the pH which aids your skin to naturally glow.
– Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables which are high in antioxidants.
– Add ginger and turmeric to your food as a nice twist to help keep your body at 100%”