Top five reasons why:
- You need them for energy: Glycogen levels fuel your body, which is crucial for speed and power!
- Good complex carbs stabilise your blood sugars: This will stop you from craving bad sugars.
- Carbs help with hydration: The body utilises water more efficiently.
- They keep your metabolism buzzing: Not enough carbs can cause a dip in thyroid function.
- Carbs after a hard workout can help refuel and restore muscles and improve your performance the following day!
My favourite carbs to eat:
All whole grains, beans, sweet potato, and butternut squash.
Try adding seasonal fruits to your favourite salads, peaches, plums, watermelon!”